Weberlife Instafeed

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our life lately.

So, since I am pregnant and constantly sick and CRANKY(sorry Doug) I have been trying to occupy my thoughts with what I am going to do IF I make it to my second trimester and IF I am magically not sick.(again, miscarriage makes you think of things much differently)
I have been wanting a bike to ride around town for awhile now and since it is SNOWING today I have been researching them.  I found this one for a REALLY good price and I think I might get it and have it ready for a nice day.

Everywhere I shop and do Yoga is closer than 5 miles(including my Sister's house) so it just makes sense to travel these places on a bike and not drive since I will be trying my best to keep my weight down. Salt Lake City is rated one of the most bike friendly places in America with lots and lots of bike lanes so it is kind of a no brainier. Plus I can put a little bike thingy on the back to carry said little one if we get to have a baby(they also have them for dogs in the case we don't)
So I might order this in the next few days--we'll see.

Additionally, Doug has been trying to work out more which is great!  He built himself a treadmill desk a while ago and I am so proud that he uses it almost every day!  One day last week he announced that he had walked 10 miles in one day of work!  WOW!  I will try and find a picture or take one, he is so handy and is a true engineer both conceptually and physically.  I am always surprised at just how much of a renaissance man he truly is.



My biggest job as of late has been getting the rental ready to be rented again.  We WERE going to put a fireplace in our house, but instead, and this is the fun of having a rental property, had to replace the water heater in the rental instead.  


It has been repainted(this time it is a pretty gray color--I will post pics later)  Doug is switching out the thermostat to a programmable one and it now has a tankless waterheater(your welcome renters)
Being a landlord has been scary, fun, time consuming and educational. It has allowed us to weather a really tricky housing market with relative ease so we are grateful for that.

One more thing:  we went with Tom and Les on Friday to one of of our new fav restaurants Frida Bistro
and to see this movie, which turned out to be HILARIOUS! Thanks for a fun night guys--it was needed!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Congrats on the pregnancy. Our e-mail has not been working on our computer since Dan left, but now he's home and it's fixed and I'm back in the loop. Having to get online to check it sometimes and try to respond to people on there was too much of a pain. We don't have computer problems when he's here, of course...only when he's too far away to help.

I will have to show Dan what Doug built. What is it with these boys? Dan's always building something crazy but useful to fix little problems I didn't even know we had. I just shrug and let him do his thing.