Weberlife Instafeed

Monday, February 2, 2009

Eating Earlier back in Vogue-Grandma's style back in more ways than one

I often tell Doug that if only he could have met
my Grandma Bench he would understand me on a whole
different level. She was beautiful, vain, crass and
had amazing taste. She gave me my first taste of
coffee, vodka(she said so we wouldn't like it)
and eating dinner at 4:30 in the afternoon.
Whenever my sister and I would stay with her
and my Grandpa they would have "supper" at
about 4:30 or 5 at night and we just thought
that was very strange! Now, as Doug and I
get into a schedule of sorts we are attempting
to eat an earlier dinner(when he gets home around
6 ish) and I can't help but think of my crazy, beautiful,
talented and crass grandma saying:
"I told you so you little shit!"

1 comment:

Holly said...

Your grandma sounds a lot like my grandma. She used to try and sneak us coffee out of her mug when my mom wasn't watching.