Weberlife Instafeed

Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-Day 2009









This year V-day started out a little earlier than normal.
I decided to try out being a kind, considerate wife who
realizes that my poor husband may not have Valentines Day
on his radar until the day of. On Monday I causally mentioned
"Doug, I just wanted to remind you that Valentines Day is on
Saturday, so if you were, in fact, intending to make a reservation
downtown you might want to consider doing that before you leave town"(he was leaving for a few days on business)
His reaction was not at all what I expected. I expected a: "OH YEA! Thanks for
the reminder-your the best!" but instead I got a: " I cannot believe that you
really think that I haven't already MADE a reservation-I have and you don't need to worry about it"
Aside from wondering when my husband became such a great date planner(he is amazing but this hasn't always been his strong point) I was thrilled that he had already made a reservation for 2 reasons: 1-reservations at any V-day worthy dining hot spot are booked weeks and sometimes months ahead downtown, and 2-I realized that we had come an
oh-so-long way from our first Feb 14th together when I expected him to plan something and that evening he turned to me and asked,unknowingly stepping into a den of angry scored woman and gnashing of teeth: "so what do you want to do tonight?"
Needless to say: HE LEARNED FROM THAT NIGHT a few things but that is all in the past!
So in the morning He said: Well today we are going to spend the morning with Cleo hiking and then we have a reservation at the Metropolitan!
Good move since it is my FAV restaurant!
So we did just that and had an amazing day together!

1 comment:

Tennant Family said...

Yea! I'm glad you had such a fun day! It's so nice when they learn stuff, isn't it? And I LOVE those shoes! Way cute!