Weberlife Instafeed

Monday, September 8, 2008

Vancouver How I love thee-Let me count the ways:

Me: I love Vancouver....I don't want to leave
Doug: Yea, Vancouver kicks Salt Lake's ass

We spent our last weekend in Stanley Park. This has to be one of the most amazing places on earth. If we were to move here people might have to double take to see if I was a bum because I might just LIVE in the park. I am not joking, there is everything: The ocean(complete with beaches, restaurants, ect) Thick beautiful forest, a lake, a gigantic community swimming pool overlooking the ocean, kids water play area(complete with dryer...I am not even kidding) an off leash dog area....the list is endless. We just spend the entire weekend there. The first day we rented roller blades and skated around the perimeter of the "park" Then yesterday we spent the day exploring the center part and then finished off with a sunset walk on the seawall and some pizza near the beach. THIS is the place(I find myself wishing Brigham Young would have discovered Vancouver so my ancestors would have followed him here instead and I wouldn't be left trying to figure out ways to illegally immigrate here)

Cleo and I watching the float planes take off



watching the cruise ships take off



We kept finding these HUGE leaves....yep it is fall!


Lions Gate bridge that connects Vancouver to the N. Shore


Roller blading fools(let's just say that Cleo was her normal self since she had to keep track of two of us....the second time out was much more treacherous)



This was the scene on 2nd Beach at sunset....someone had made all of these....sculptures? it was surreal and so beautiful!


1 comment:

Jill said...

The chruch actually sent some settlers to Canada! Apparently not your family though. ;)