Weberlife Instafeed

Saturday, September 27, 2008

An update from Paradise:

Ok everyone, I am going to prepare you now...this next post may sound like I am bragging but I am not....for those of you that fear you may be too jealous to continue to be my friend stop reading now and I will downplay the details for you later.

So. We are here in Phuket(aka the most beautiful place in the world) with all of our closest friends(family excluded)
having the time of our life, staying at one of the most exclusive resorts in the country(and possibly the world) free of charge(Doug had a meeting here...actually he is in meetings most of the day, but not me!)
This place is a dream! Doug and I have our own Villa and Mick and Nat have their own. We have 3-4 butler/cooks/maids at our service 24 hours a day(which is kind of hard to take but I am trying to enjoy the experience) Our swimming pool overlooks the ocean,

we have our own private beach(where they bring you drinks and fix your umbrella when the sun changes)

there are a fleet of mercadies to take you wherever you would like to go......I can hardly believe this is real(see previous post: Is the real) It is hard to describe the experience here but let's just say that the king of Abu Dabi is staying in our Villa next week and it is Bono's favorite(Kate Moss has stayed here twice!)---it is that awesome!
Each night we return from dinner to find candles lit in our courtyard leaeding to our Villa and freshly picked Jasmine on our bed. Our laundry is taken care of, you order your meals and eat them at a beautiful table overlooking the ocean while listening to thai music.
I can't stress enough that the service here is out of this world. I mentioned that I don't like chicken....boom they remember, I say I like tea with breakfast no sugar, no milk-done it just comes every morning without me saying a word. The people here are so gracious and friendly....they take pride in their work something that is refreshing since sometimes in the US that is hard to come by.

So far on our trip we have:
Been scuba diving,
learned to cut fruit(an art in itself)

sat on the beach and pondered the meaning of life
gone shopping in Phuket town

The next few days there are a few more activities.....

I could go on and on but a picture is worth a thousand what: that's right:

No comments: