Weberlife Instafeed

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 2-14....slacker that I am



I do realize that I am quite a bit behind, but I don't mind :) I am completely into being a Vancouver resident-even if it is only for a month. This city, as I wrote in my journal this morning: "It is going to be hard to drag me(kicking and screaming) away from this place. I will always long to come back and will drive Doug crazy with the various ways that it would be not only possible but inevitable really(I am lucky he is so patient with me). This is, in almost every way imaginable the perfect city for me."
Vancouver has all of the big city hustle and bustle, energy, fashion, flavor and attitude. World class food, art galleries and the green space is to die for! From my window I can see the ocean, the mountains and I can grab a cup of coffee at the local joint of choice. I could work all day in a creative field(choose one....they are all represented here) and then go for a hike to to the beach in less than 15 minutes. There are so many languages spoken here and I am lucky if I can walk 5 minutes without hearing Chinese, French, or Spanish(and quite a few that I don't know very well)
It appeals to both the fashionista and the outdoors-woman in me.
What more could you ask for(yes being in the US would be a great place to start for me....a US citizen)

My love affair with this city will not end any time soon I am afraid.
..............................................................................................................................................................

1 comment:

Nate and Chelsea said...

Wow! It sounds fantastic there! I love that you are able to experience it, and I love living it vicariously through your blog. :) Sounds like you are having a great time.