Weberlife Instafeed

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A peek

I am a Mom, we are parents. And it couldn't have been a more intense and perfect experience to have our first child.
The video is a glimpse into our first week together. What you don't see are the endless meals from loved ones, words of encouragement, love and understanding and just pure joy from every person we encountered that made so much of the precious time we had possible. Also you don't see Leslie, without whom Grayson's birth and the days following would have been much different. From photographer to chef to teaching us how to swaddle and bathe a new baby you were our guardian angel. Thank you forever Les. For everything.






To my mom and dad: thanks for trusting me and despite being scared to death for us to have a out of hospital birth, you were supportive and encouraging. Also thanks for being my parents--I know it hasn't always ever been easy.

To Doug's parents: thanks for raising such an amazing husband and father--without him and his undying support for me I would have(and always would) crumble.

To Rebecca-you are amazing and oh so wonderful. You have changed our lives for good and we will be forever grateful.

To Doug: There are no words. I just wish I could show you, every day, the kind of support, trust and warmth that you have shown me during this pregnancy and birth. There is no end to how much I admire, love and cherish you. Even if I could it would never be enough. I love you.

To Grayson: You are an amazing little boy--you are so very loved and I never knew just how much I could feel until now "when I picked you up and everything changed"

3 comments:

Blaire said...

Mickelle, wow! I wanted to cry watching this. What an exciting experience! As i get closer to having our little boy i have been feeling a little more anxiety but seeing the end result keeps me hanging on!

Bench Bunch said...

Doug and Mickelle
This video was beautiful beyond words. And yes I cried (several times). He is such a beautiful baby. You two are going to be great parents. Grayson is a lucky baby because he will see the bond and the love you have for each other. Cherish that. We will try to not spoil him too bad. But you know your Dad!
Love you guys..... Grandma Heather, and Grandpa Mike.

April said...

AHHHH!!! THIS is perfect! Mickelle, You are a Rockstar!! and Im so happy for all of you! what a treasure this will be forever! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
LOVE
April